Norwood’ was built circa 1887 by a local entrepreneur named Mr Hacking famous for the Love lace brand of soap including the famous Lovelace floating soap.
Over the years many important people have owned the grand house namely Mr Geddie private residence (1921) who was the countries leading eye surgeon at that time and The Broughton family local reputed bathroom company.
We purchased Norwood Guest House in 2001 and set about refurbishing it, including the addition of en-suite bathrooms to all the bedrooms. We added a large conservatory in 2002 and extended the buildings in June 2004 and 2005. We have also refurbished all the bedrooms with new furnishings, décor, carpets and flat screen TV’s with DVD players this year. The house has wonderful character of bygone times, you will not be disappointed.
We aim to give the best service at a reasonable price, and several years down the road after opening, our advice would be to book early to avoid being disappointed.
All our rooms are furnished and decorated to a high standard and all have en-suite facilities. All bedrooms are bright and airy. The whole Guest House has a welcoming ambience that is enhanced by our professional caring attention to detail.